The slip and fall attorneys at Razavi Law Group are very experienced with slip and fall cases serving Santa Ana and its surrounding areas.
Falls are the number one cause of injury and death amongst older Americans. Falls also cause over 250,000 missed days of work annually. If you have sustained a serious injury due to a fall, contact us immediately. Unlike many firms, our priority is getting you the maximum compensation you are entitled to, even if that means going to trial.
Even the Senior Partners at many law firms have minimal trial experience and prefer to settle cases, although that can mean less money for you. At Razavi Law Group, we will give you an honest assessment of your case and answer any questions you may have.
A slip and fall accident is a type of personal injury incident that occurs when an individual slips, trips, or loses their balance due to a hazardous or dangerous condition on someone else’s property, leading to a fall and subsequent injuries. These accidents can happen in various settings, such as retail stores, supermarkets, restaurants, office buildings, public sidewalks, parking lots, and private residences.
A slip or fall could happen anywhere at any time. Some types of cases our knowledgeable attorneys at Razavi Law Group encounter are:
Because each slip and fall accident is unique, our experienced lawyers give personalized attention to your accident to obtain the compensation you deserve. There is not a one-size-fits-all strategy for these cases, so you must hire an attorney that will thoroughly investigate the details of your case to ensure all parties involved are held accountable.
One of the most common workplace accidents is a slip, trip or fall. These type of accidents can happen anywhere, at any time and to anyone. Slips, trips and falls are also one of the most easily preventable workplace accidents.
There are many different causes of slips, trips and falls but some of the most common include:
As each slip and fall case is different, the damages one may be compensated for vary depending on the accident’s details. Some of the damages our experienced lawyers at Razavi Law Group would seek for your case would be:
Economic Damages: these include past and future medical expenses, lost income, and any other expense that you have, or will incur, due to your injuries.
Non-economic Damages: these include pain and suffering, life long disability, and/or disfigurement.
Our goal at Razavi Law Group is to calculate all of your damages to ensure your claim receives the highest compensation possible, as a slip and fall accident can result in life-long injuries.
You must take the necessary steps after a Santa Ana slip and fall accident to ensure that the involved parties are held accountable. They may try refuting their responsibility in the accident. Measures for strengthening your claim may include:
The value of a slip and fall case can vary widely depending on several factors, including the extent of the injuries, the impact on the victim’s life, the degree of negligence on the part of the defendant, and the available evidence to support the claim. It’s essential to note that each slip and fall case is unique, and there is no one-size-fits-all answer to determine its exact worth. However, some key factors that can influence the value of a slip-and-fall case include:
In California, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit stemming from a slip and fall accident is two years from the date of the accident. This means that if you were injured in a slip and fall accident on January 1, 2021, you would have until January 1, 2023. to file a lawsuit. If you don’t file your lawsuit within this time frame, you will likely be barred from doing so.
There are some exceptions to this rule, however. For example, if the person who owns the property where you fell knew about the dangerous condition that caused your fall but did nothing to fix it or warn you about it, you may have longer to file your lawsuit. Additionally, if you were injured as a result of a defective product, you may have longer to file a product liability lawsuit against the manufacturer.
If you’ve been in a slip-and-fall accident in Santa Ana, it’s crucial to take certain steps to protect your rights. Firstly, seek immediate medical attention for any injuries. Then, report the incident to the property owner or manager and gather evidence, such as photos, witness information, and incident reports. Finally, consult with a skilled California personal injury attorney at Razavi Law Group to discuss your case and explore your legal options.
Proving negligence in a slip and fall case involves demonstrating that the property owner or another responsible party had a duty of care, breached that duty, and as a result, caused the slip and fall accident. To establish negligence, the following elements need to be shown:
1. Duty of Care: The first step in proving negligence is establishing that the defendant (property owner, business operator, etc.) owed the plaintiff (injured party) a duty of care. In slip and fall cases, this duty of care means the responsible party had an obligation to maintain their premises in a reasonably safe condition for visitors and guests.
2. Breach of Duty: The plaintiff must show that the defendant breached their duty of care by failing to uphold reasonable safety standards. This can include a failure to address hazardous conditions, such as wet floors, uneven surfaces, torn carpets, or inadequate lighting, which led to the slip and fall accident.
3. Actual and Proximate Cause: The plaintiff needs to establish a direct link between the defendant’s breach of duty and the slip and fall accident. This means proving that the hazardous condition directly caused the accident and subsequent injuries. Additionally, the plaintiff must show that the accident was a reasonably foreseeable consequence of the defendant’s negligence.
4. Notice: In some slip and fall cases, the plaintiff must demonstrate that the defendant had actual or constructive notice of the dangerous condition. Actual notice means the defendant knew about the hazard, while constructive notice means they should have known about it through reasonable inspection and maintenance procedures.
5. Comparative Negligence: In some states, including California, comparative negligence rules apply. This means that if the plaintiff’s actions also contributed to the slip and fall accident, their compensation may be reduced in proportion to their level of fault. However, the plaintiff can still recover damages as long as they are not found to be more than 50% at fault.
To build a strong case for proving negligence in a slip and fall accident, gathering evidence is crucial. This evidence can include:
The duration of a slip and fall case can vary significantly based on various factors, including the complexity of the case, the severity of injuries, the willingness of the parties to negotiate, and the court’s schedule. While some slip and fall cases may be resolved relatively quickly, others can take several months or even years to reach a settlement or go to trial. Here are some key factors that can influence the timeline of a slip-and-fall case:
1. Severity of Injuries: The extent of the injuries sustained in the slip and fall accident can significantly impact the case’s duration. Cases involving severe injuries may require extensive medical treatment and time for the victim to reach maximum medical improvement, which can prolong the settlement process.
2. Liability Disputes: If there are disputes about who is responsible for the slip and fall accident, it may take longer to resolve the case. Establishing liability may involve investigating the incident, gathering evidence, and potentially deposing witnesses.
3. Insurance Company Response: Negotiating with insurance companies is a common part of personal injury cases, including slip and fall accidents. The responsiveness and cooperation of the insurance company can affect the speed of the settlement process.
4. Attempts at Settlement: Before resorting to a trial, parties involved in a slip and fall case may attempt to settle the matter through negotiations. The willingness of both sides to reach a fair settlement can impact how long it takes to resolve the case.
You may have a claim against the city of Santa Ana if you were injured after tripping on a sidewalk, street, or other public property. To win your case, you will need to show that the city was aware of the dangerous condition and failed to fix it within a reasonable time. You will also need to show that your injuries were caused by the dangerous condition.
To have a valid slip and fall claim in Santa Ana, California, you must demonstrate that the property owner or manager was negligent in maintaining the premises, leading to the hazardous condition that caused your accident. Additionally, you must prove that your injuries were a direct result of the property owner’s negligence. Consulting with an experienced attorney from Razavi Law Group can help evaluate the merits of your claim and guide you through the legal process.
The cost of hiring a slip-and-fall lawyer in Santa Ana| can vary depending on several factors, including the attorney’s experience, reputation, the complexity of the case, and the fee structure they use. Most slip-and-fall attorneys work on a contingency basis and will not collect a fee unless a claim is won.
If you’ve been injured in a slip-and-fall accident in Santa Ana, reach out to Razavi Law Group today. With our extensive experience and dedicated team, we stand ready to guide you through every step of the process, fight for your rights, and help you seek the compensation you deserve. Contact us now for a free, no-obligation consultation. We’re here for you, ready to make a difference in your case.